Be safe on the road with the winter tyre package
Sunny Cars is tremendously driven to ensure that everybody drives around 100% carefree. Apart from comprehensive insurance, we also do everything we can for optimum safety – in every season. Here are a few valuable winter tyre facts. Better to be safe than sorry!
8 winter tyre facts
1. WT stands for winter tyres. All cars we offer in countries in which winter tyres are mandatory during the winter have the WT package as standard. This is a crystal-clear all-in deal, because the rental price not only includes all the insurance, it also includes the winter tyres. This means no extra or unexpected costs and you're ready for the winter when you drive off.
2. Countries for which the WT package is available include Germany, Austria, Iceland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Poland.
3. For France you cannot book a WT package, but you can book winter tyres. Winter tyres are not mandatory (on all roads) in France, but their use is highly recommended. Roads where winter tyres are mandatory are indicated by signs.
4. Make sure you bring the right equipment for your winter sports holiday, and the right winter accessories! As a driver of a rental car, you are personally responsible for the equipment. Snow chains and other winter accessories – an ice scraper, ski box – are not part of the standard equipment. You won't need them in all cases, but usually you do when you drive to a skiing region. After all, you don't want to spin off the road. Safety first! So, book your required accessories with us promptly. You pay the rental company for these extras at your destination; the rates are stated in the rental conditions that you see during the booking process.
5. Be well-prepared for your winter sports holiday: check the ANWB to see what rules apply at your destination and also consider if you want to drive into the mountains and if you need winter equipment.
6. Tip: renting a car with winter tyres in the Netherlands. This is useful if your own car doesn't have winter tyres and you want to go on a winter sports holiday to a country where they are mandatory. You should, however, book well in advance and immediately request the winter tyres, because they are not automatically included in the rental price, as they are not mandatory in the Netherlands, and are not always in stock.
7. Do you prefer a fly-drive winter sports holiday? That's smart, because it is often cheaper than taking your own car. And it's also very convenient to fly to your winter sports destination with a low-cost airline and drive the last bit in a rental car. Sunny Cars has sufficient winter-ready cars available at popular destinations, such as Innsbruck, Salzburg, Geneva, Zurich and Basel.
8. Obviously, our experienced booking team also knows everything about winter tyres. So feel free to give them a ring for personalised advice. They can help you seven days a week with a smile!