Data protection information on the use of the Sunny2go app
Description and scope of data processing
When you book a rental car with Sunny Cars, you can receive additional services in connection with your booking via the Sunny2go app.
- Concierge Service, 7 days/week, 9am - 6pm CET
- Display of car rental booking incl. pick-up and drop-off location, booking details
- Information about the destination including map display with Points of Interest (POI), filter option by category (e.g. sights, restaurants, beaches etc.)
- Saving of the selected POI favourites, possible navigation via the proprietary map programme of the smartphone (e.g. Google Maps).
- Entry requirements of the destination country
- Covid-19 information for the country of destination
- Checklist/packing list as standard list and personally configurable.
The Sunny2go app can be accessed via link or with a QR code on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. The access data (link, QR code) are indicated on the rental car voucher and will also be sent to them by e-mail 14 days before the rental date.
The Sunny2go app can be installed on your end device and offers the functions within the website accessed. Installation on the end device is the most convenient way of access, but not mandatory; you can also log in via the link/QR code from the voucher/email.
From this date until the return date of the rental vehicle, the services are available.
The processing includes the categories of data mentioned below
- Address (holiday address if applicable)
- Age, if applicable, if necessary for concierge services
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
Car rental booking data:
- Driver name
- Pick-up Place/Date/Time
- Drop-off place/date/time
- Vehicle class
- Reservation number
- if applicable, also person who booked (if not booked by the driver), in case of booking via travel agent also this information.
- selected language
- Contents of telephone conversations
- Check/packing list
- PointsOfInterest favourites list
For data protection reasons, personalised data is not stored on Sunny Cars servers but locally on the respective customer device (e.g. smartphone/tablet).
Data stored in the app:
- Reservation number
- Validation token
The processing covers the following categories of persons concerned
- Sunny Cars customers with car rental reservation/active rental
- their fellow travellers, if applicable
Legal basis for data processing
The processing of your data serves the fulfilment of a contract to which you are a party or the implementation of pre-contractual measures. The legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR.
The storage of the contents of the telephone calls takes place exclusively with your consent in accordance with Art. 6 ( 1)(b) GDPR.
The legal basis for the processing of technically necessary cookies is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR (legitimate interest). If you accept the use of further cookies, your consent according to Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR is the legal basis.
Purpose of the data processing
The purpose of the data processing is to offer an optional customer-oriented mobility service around your booking by providing additional services.
Duration of storage
- The data underlying the car rental reservation/booking (personal data, contact data, car rental booking data (so-called existing customer data) are stored for the duration of the contractual relationship. If the personal data is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, it will be deleted. Even after the conclusion of the contractual relationship, there may be a need to store personal data of the contractual partner in order to comply with contractual or legal obligations (e.g. obligations to retain and provide evidence).
- All cookies set expire 30 days after the return date of the rental vehicle.
- If storage has been permitted, the contents of telephone calls will be deleted one month after the return date of the rental vehicle.
- Sunny Cars has no influence on the storage time of the personalised data. The deletion of this data stored on the user's terminal device is the responsibility of the user.
Data stored in the app:
- When you delete the app from your device, the reservation number and validation token stored in it will be deleted after 30 days.
Right to object and right to rectification
You can stop using the app at any time. Your data will then be deleted as described under "Duration of storage".
Name and contact details of the controller
The controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation is the
Sunny Cars International GmbH
9000 St. Gallen
Data Protection Officer Sunny Cars
Processing on behalf of the controller
Concierge services (information, reservations, arranging services, etc.) for Sunny Cars customers are provided by a service provider who is contractually obliged to use the personal data only for the specified purposes and travel period.
The seriousness, trustworthiness and reliability of the service provider with regard to the security of personal data have been verified by Sunny Cars.
Further information on data protection and data security at Sunny Cars can be found here